APCP plans to develop this area as a useful resource for children and families who need information about paediatric physiotherapy.
FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO FIND A PRIVATE PAEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPIST
All babies, children and young people are important. They each have their own unique personality and potential. They deserve the best possible care and nurture to support their health and development.
Physiotherapists who work with children are specialist practitioners who have the right skills and specific knowledge to deliver appropriate care and education to encourage family involvement.
Paediatric physiotherapists should have an understanding of:
- child development
- childhood diseases and conditions that may impact on development and well being
- therapeutic interventions that enable and optimise development and well being
- the need to place the child at the centre of planning
- the impact that having a sick or disabled child has on family life
- how to keep children safe
- how to ensure that children and young people make choices
- how to develop their own skills and practice how to develop services in line with the Government guidance committed to improving quality and life chances for children.